February 25, 2015
Sometimes a good treat does a body (and soul) some good. These days, I try really hard to stay away from gluten and/or dairy-filled desserts, because it just does not make me FEEL good shortly after I eat it.
These crepes are by far the most decadent and delicious dairy/grain-free treat I’ve concocted. I made this for Valentine’s Day, so it’s probably a special occasions splurge for us.
I used Stupid Easy Paleo’s Simple Paleo Tortillas for the crepes (just add vanilla). I’ve made these as tortillas before, and they made for pretty-good-but-kinda-depressing tacos; but they are awesome as crepes. This coming from a girl who was ALL about the crepes in Paris.
This picture was taken as I chowed down on my second crepe of the day after I had spent the entire day throwing up my first crepe all over the streets of Paris. It was that good.
Anyway, back to the other crepes…
The crepe recipe makes 3 tortillas/crepes. I just swirled the batter higher up on the pan to make 2 bigger crepes, so that I could stuff in more ice cream and goodies.
I sliced up some bananas and strawberries very thinly. Then I put down a row of bananas in the middle of the crepe and topped it with three half-scoops of chocolate coconut milk ice cream (I like Coconut Bliss). Top ice cream with strawberries. Roll up crepe and drizzle with chocolate syrup (I melted some Enjoy Life Chocolate Morsels with some coconut oil; when it hit the cold strawberries it hardened like Magic Shell, which was a neat effect).
You could also top this with coconut milk whipped cream, a paleo Nutella-like spread like this one, chopped nuts, cherries, blueberries, pineapple chunks, coconut flakes, anything really. Making this a fun, easy and functional dessert!
I loved this, and I hope you do too!
- 2 Simple Paleo Tortillas
- Half a banana
- 5 Strawberries
- Coconut Bliss Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1/2 TBS coconut oil
- 1 TBS Enjoy Life chocolate chips
- Prepare Simple Paleo Tortillas batter. Don’t forget to add the vanilla.
- Crepes can be made larger by using a larger pan than the recipe calls for or by swirling batter higher up in the pan.
- Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips (I just eye-ball the measurements) to make chocolate sauce.
- Top crepes with bananas, half scoops of ice cream and strawberries.
- Wrap up crepe and drizzle with chocolate sauce.